Tough times can happen to anyone, and we want to be there to help.
We at VFW Auxiliary 4938 believe strongly in supporting and helping the Veterans, Active Military, and their families of Edmond, Oklahoma when and where we can.
Below you will find an application to apply for emergency assistance. This form and requested documentation is required to be filled out completely by anyone who is seeking emergency assistance from us in order to have your situation reviewed. It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain and provide any and all required documentation.
Any requests for things such as cash, gas cards, or gift cards will automatically be denied.
Who qualifies to apply?
- Veterans who have been honorably discharged from the U.S. Military,
- Active Service Members of the U.S. Military.
- Family members of honorably discharged Veterans and Active Military who currently reside in the home with the honorably discharged Veteran or Active Military Member.
- Surviving Spouses of honorably discharged Veterans or of a Service Member killed during active service.
- Spouses of Active Service Members who are currently deployed.
What are some types of assistance offered for those who have applied and been approved?
- Utility assistance
- Rental assistance
- Connection with community resource partners
*Please note: non-essential bills or expenses (i.e., cable, credit cards, attorney/legal fees, Netflix etc.) will not qualify for assistance. In some cases an exception can be made for internet as long as documented proof can be provided that the honorably discharged Veteran or Active Service Member will be greatly negatively impacted by the loss of that service (i.e., medical or mental health appointments are conducted through video appointments).
The eligible and ineligible expenses stated here are not all inclusive. Each case will be carefully reviewed for its own merits.
Upon approval, payments will be made directly to the creditor.
All applications are individually reviewed and the VFW reserves the right to make exceptions or application denial on a case-by-case basis.
Please submit completed the application and required documentation by clicking the button below. You will be contacted by a representative of the post following the submission and review of the application/documentation and a determination has been made.
Feel free to contact us for any additional questions.